Game 1: Beach Volleyball
Bears vs Eagles & Flamingos vs Tigers
Location: TBD (Beach)
Matchup: Team vs Team, Team vs Team
Overview: A game of team volleyball on sand.
First game = Team A plays Team B in Game 1
Second game = Team C plays Team D in Game 1
Third game = Team A plays Team B in Game 2
Fourth game = Team C plays Team D in Game 2
Tiebreaker game = A vs B in Game 3 if necessary
Tiebreaker game = C vs D in Game 3 if necessary
First game = Game 1: Tigers vs Eagles (Bears & Flamingos Officiate)
Second game = Game 1: Bears vs Flamingos (Tigers & Eagles Officiate)
Third game = Game 2: Tigers vs Eagles (Bears & Flamingos Officiate)
Fourth game = Game 2: Bears vs Flamingos (Tigers & Eagles Officiate)
Tiebreaker game = Game 3 if necessary: Tigers vs Eagles (Bears & Flamingos Officiate)
Tiebreaker game = Game 3 if necessary: Example: Bears vs Flamingos (Tigers & Eagles Officiate)
Match Ups between two teams are a best of 3 series. Competing two teams will be determined beforehand, but order of play will be determined DAY OF by random draw out of a hat. This way EVERYONE shows up at XX:00am, ready to play. This will also give us the needed 6 judges (3 from each non-competing team) One at each of the 4 corners, and one at each of the sides of the net. This is a call your own fouls game. Judges are just there to settle disputes and be score keepers. Net Touches. Carry vs Non-Carry. Ball In vs Ball Out. Service Let vs Non-Service Let. Etc. This will also keep everyone else there available to heckle the current players.
- 6 vs 6
- The team has three hits for returning the ball (including the block touch).
- In Beach Volleyball, the team winning a rally scores a point (Rally Point System). When the receiving team wins a rally, it gains a point and the right to serve. The serving player must be alternated every time this occurs.
- A set (except the deciding 3rd set) is won by the team which first scores 21 points with a minimum lead of two points. In the case of a 20-20 tie, play is continued until a two-point lead is achieved (22-20; 23-21; etc)
- In the case of a 1-1 set tie, the deciding 3rd set is played to 15 points with a minimum lead of 2 points.
- Coin toss determines the serve/receive OR side of the 1st and 3rd sets only. 2nd set choice is made my 1st set coin toss losing team.
- Service rotates clockwise (facing the net) after a point is won to GAIN service.
- Substitutions may only occur while upon rotation when substituting team has gained serve. Position of substituting player and order of players must remain constant throughout play.
- A service touching the net and crossing over is a let – the play is dead and the service is replayed.
- In blocking, a player may touch the ball beyond the net, provided that he/she does not interfere with the opponent’s play, before or during the latter’s attack hit.
- After an attack hit, a player is permitted to pass his/her hand beyond the net, provided that the contact has been made within his/her own playing space.
- A player may enter into the opponent’s space, court and/or free zone, provided that this does not interfere with the opponent’s play.
- No hitting the ball with your foot